Contemplating.

Contemplating.
Wayzata, Minnesota

Saturday, October 21, 2017

Fearless Critters




First say meow to my daughter's persnickety kitty cats
(well one anyway, LuLu is much sweeter)

Lost in the shadows of this shelf is one kitty in hiding, 



but front and center sits Miss Sparkle.
She's proudly taking ownership of a visitor's bag.





Hat-day for Miss Sparkle.
She loves when you hiss, spooky, spooky kitty.



Her life began in Minnesota
such a delightful, sweet kitten!
Now in Alabama not so much!
Oh my!
On this day it's like I'm a stranger in a strange land, 
or rather an intruder in her Cat Kingdom!


I'm holding on for dear life to my snack in one hand and the other my glass of wine.  Yes, she will devour (or just tip over) whatever you're drinking.
Yes, even whiskey! 





Adorably sweet Lulu!




....and then there was a bunny.....
until the owl came by.....
(seriously no bunnies were harmed in the making of this post)
 We didn't get permission to purchase this sweet bunny.
Somebunny was indeed very sad.




As a matter of fact I am owlsome!

This most curious all seeing creature lurks deep into the dark of night,
patiently waiting on guard.
Always stays wide awake while we sleep, 
but on occasion I've heard it's 
hoo, hoo, hoo, hoo while walking my dogs.



Happiness is seeing all my friend's captures of butterflies.
Mine not so much.


They were everywhere inside this butterfly house. 
A few even caught a free ride with me, while inside.





Tell me what's growing in your garden?

A very dear friend taught me that those divine little surprises
 you find growing where you never planted them, are
simply volunteers! 
Don't you just love that?


Greetings not so scary scarecrow.
The fine art of soul to soil awaits in the garden.




Meet Mr. Mike Hovel the friendly shovel-man
digging his tunes in the garden.
You're one smooth folk singer
Oh won't you
play me some more of your bluesy tunes?

Are you getting ready for the big day?
Eat, drink, be hairy or scary! 
Gather around the Jack-O-Lanterns.
If you dare!

Mysterious and spooky awaits, somewhere, everywhere!

I can see it now, all the cats in town are floating on air.
Dogs howling at the moon like wolves.
Tombstones suddenly appearing on so many front lawns!

Ah sweet black-kitty-cat your coyness is our joy, 
it's your persnicketiness
that sometimes keeps us purr-fectly worried!


Thanks for stopping by
enjoy your weekend and take good care of you!

11 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Love your critters.
Bogh Jazz (and the much lamented Jewel) head for the safety of the wardrobe when visitors dare to invade their space.
Butterflies are ephemeral magic and too many owls would be barely enough.
Have a wonderful week.

eileeninmd said...

Hello Karen, nice variety of critters. The kitties are adorable. I love the cute bunny. It's been a while since I heard the hoo-hoo. The butterflies are gorgeous. The Scarecrow and Mr. Hovel the shovel man. I am sure you have many happy memories from your trip. Thank you so much for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Sunday, enjoy your week ahead!

Hootin Anni said...

Ummmmm, that's a hawk instead of an owl.

LOVE the bunny! Adorable. And of course, I'm partial to cats, so the photos of the sweet ones are such a special treat Karen!!

Cloudia said...

such a delightful post, Karen!

spooky kitty!

A Colorful World said...

Wonderful post about so many delightful critters! So glad you bought the bunny!

Anonymous said...

My kind of post! Love these pictures. Is that a Sharpie hawk? They come here every fall, so I stop putting out seed, when they are here. They hunt the feeders. Thanks for sharing, my friend. Hugs.

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

Critters rock - Kilroy

(and I love flutterbys)

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Miss Sparkle and Lulu are adorable Karen, even if somewhat mischievous, the one thing about cats is that they keep you on your toes 😀😀 I will be in Sydney with my grandchildren for Halloween, can't wait!

Jenny Woolf said...

Ha ha, that witches hat cracked me up! What a nice post - thanks!

Debbie said...

lots of fun stuff today - as always!! cute kitties and adorable bunnies but the butterfly captures were my favorites. and they are excellent, by the way!!

oooooh and the owl, the owl too...you always share so much greatness!!

Mike@Bit About Britain said...

I see - lull us all in with nice cute shots of kittens and stuff, and then start getting scary... :-)